For the dough
- 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
Alternatively, you could always purchase our authentic ready-made pizza dough balls, they’re vegan friendly too!
For the tomato sauce:
- 100ml tomato passata
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper to season
For the topping:
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- 200g vegan Mozzarella style cheese
- Fresh basil for decoration
- To make the dough, place the flour, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Measure 150ml of cold water and 150ml boiling water and combine the two. Add the oil, along with 1tsp of salt to the warm water and pour it over the flour. Stir well with a spoon initially and then start to knead the mixture until it forms a soft dough.
- Dust a bit of flour on the work surface and knead the dough for 10 minutes. Then pop it back in the bowl and cover with cling film. Leave it in a warm place for 1hr or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, knead it again on a floured surface. At this point it should be stringy and a lot less sticky. Set aside whilst you make your sauce.
- To make the sauce, simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Make sure you season it with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Divide the dough into 2, shape it into balls and flatten it with your hands before you begin pulling and stretching the dough or rolling it out with a rolling pin. Make sure the dough, the rolling pin and your countertop is well dusted with flour!
- Set the pizza dough on a tray, spread a generous amount of the tomato sauce and then add the sliced tomatoes and vegan mozzarella cheese. Place the pizza directly on the floor of your pizza oven and bake for 60-80 seconds at 450ºc.
- If you don’t currently have a pizza oven, you can bake it in your own oven for 10-12 minutes at 200ºc or for that authentic stone baked crust use on of our Italian crafted Pizza Stones
- Once the pizza is done, top it with fresh basil and enjoy!